Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gone!

I live in a world that despises my love.
The way my heart sang with joyful innocence
For the sight of the embodiment of my love
Spread through time and space.
Yet I was hushed with violence!
For every emotion I feel 
Transparent on a face I loathe,
Now that a mask had fallen on,
The face is no longer loved.
I hide within the shattered pieces of my tired soul
That sings in agony, crying
Over a world no longer known.
The life I loved,
The innocent childhood,
The songs of intimacy,
The loving parents,
The peaceful days,
The soul that prayed,
Where did they all go?


© A Furious Child

2 comments:

  1. I believe what you are discussing here is an awakening of the adult mindset, as well as, disbelief in how cruel the world can be versus childhood fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way, yes... Yet, I also express the crimes that were committed against the child's innocent soul..

    ReplyDelete