Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Credit to Me

I may not be pretty in the usual sense of beauty, I may not be smart in comparison to the genius, I cannot be the most delicate, or sociable, or poetic of all beings, but I know (and so do others) that I'm intelligent, creative, artistic, emotional, successful, hardworking, helpful, determined (and strong-headed at times), passionate, and accommodating (when I wish to be). I implore you; do not take my kindness and respectfulness for granted, for as I hand such a privilege to you, I can easily take it back whenever I feel like it.

I have given the people around me (namely, my family) too much for a normal human being could and would give. Still, they are never satisfied, always criticizing, always reproaching. And silly me, I strive to change myself to be whatever that want. Ironically, what they want would and will change in a matter of weeks (in some cases, days!), and on turns the wheel of their wants and needs! They want everything to go as they wish, never-minding whom they use to achieve that. 

Therefore, I have made up my mind to stop being so damned accommodating, I no longer care what they want, who they need, or how or why! I will live my life as I see fit! I will be the person I was meant to be as I was designed by God! They are not my Creator! They are not my Maker! They are not the Planner! They are nothing. I shall become the naturally unique individual I always was before their wants and don't-wants changed me. I will strive to become a better human being, caring, loving, and happy.


© A Furious Child

No comments:

Post a Comment