Friday, April 26, 2013

The Gift



In the memories of a past yet remembered, I still see the faces of people I once cared for. Somehow, we lost contact over the years of schooling, discovering, and working. I still hoped to meet after the lapsed time. How could I forget someone I once felt friendship towards.


His face still accompanies me in the pictures I lock in the box of memories. And from time to time, I unlock it, and as I surf the pictures and the letters, I cry in nostalgic sorrow for times when my own emotions, though complex and adult-like, made all the sense in the world. There were no shades of doubt. Nothing but absolute, delicious and sweet certainty!


I loved those days. And I love them still. They created the goal I work for, and the hope that revives my heart whenever doubt attacks it. I lived and died a thousand times. Yet I never dared to ignore those sparks of hope lighting up the fire inside me to love.


I thank Him for creating them. For making them, oh, so clear, beautiful and radiant with the energy of life! In those moments of weakness, and days of darkness, He sent them to me as gifts and blessings... To remind me that the world still turns. And the days of darkness will surely be lighted again. That the drought will be demolished with rain of love that last forever! 



© A Furious Child

1 comment:

  1. I can't help it... You are getting better, and more clear. Has this love returned? Or are you only in love of a memory that never came back?

    ReplyDelete